About Me

My photo
I am an Army Chaplain serving with a unit stationed currently in Southwest Asia. In 2010 I will celebrate my 20th year as an ordained priest in the Episcopal church. Sixteen of those years have been in the service of my country. I've visited a good part of the Pacific, taught graduate school in San Antonio, Texas, spent a year with an armor unit close to the 38th Parallel and now find myself stationed in a place quite ancient and familiar to readers of the Bible. Cindy is my beloved wife and stands next to me in a photo taken during our stay in Hawaii. We have five children..all grown.. and healthy. Sam ,the Cairn Terrier, guards the family manse while I am away.

Sunday, September 20, 2009

"Toto, We're not in Kansas (or Hawaii) anymore!


No, that's not really Toto. It's are Cairn Terrier, Sam. He decided not to make the trip. He doesn't like to travel. I would like you to meet, however, our chapel guards, Nicholas and Nicholas. They are Christians from Uganda and they have their own, very lively, service of worship on Sundays. Today, 20 September, I celebrated my first Eucharist at the Episcopal service at Victory Chapel. We were some twenty strong and all would seem very familiar to you except all the congregants carry weapons, as all Soldiers are required to bear arms all the time (the Chaplain being the exception).

No comments:

Post a Comment